I chose to do french seams to make the inside look professional. But then when I went to put the side pockets in I realised the french seam wasn't going to allow it. I opted to sew rectangular pockets on the front left and right instead. You have to have somewhere to put your cell phone!
I lengthened the robe by 3 inches but then forgot to add this to the band when I cut it out (ie. the band around the neckline). I did have to go and get another 0.25 of a metre, because it was a long piece!
My son is six foot two tall so the seams were really long - it was quite a marathon sew! I image, not as much as a marathon as sewing up a hot air balloon! You guessed it, I ran out of cotton and had to make another trip to Spotlight! He loves it!
Any questions please just ask!