During June I did put together this little number. The pattern was from a favourite top which I cut up to use the pattern but becasue this knitted fabric was more stretchy it ended up being a wrap around with a ribbon tie. I added lace trim on the edge. I did have to hand sew it on becasue the sewing machine kept missing the edge. I gathered around the bottom of the garment so it has a ballooning effect. It's very warm and quite elegant.
I got the knitted material at Sakaguchi's annual sale. I thought it would be hard to sew but it wasn't and it didn't unravel. It behaved itself admirably.
I found a good tip on making sure that the overlocking doesn't unravel. You leave a rats tail on the end of the stiching and then thread a needle and sew it in like you would when you put together an actual knitted garment.
If you wonder if I have disasters. Yes I do! I have a half assembled blouse. The fabric is so flimsy and hard to sew and it doesn't fit and it's not doing what it is supposed to. I think it is going on the scrapheap! Lesson learned. Just becasue you like the material, doesn't mean it will be easy to sew! Be fussy about what you choose. Getting ambitious is when I am often faced with disaster but then again, I'm not going to get good at sewing if I don't take a few risks now and again.